Before you rip your first CD, take time to configure Media Player 11. Enable automatic ripping when a CD is inserted, automatic ejection when the rip is complete, and select the desired music file format. Here’s how:
1. Click Start, and in the Start Search window, type Media Player.
2. Under Programs, select Windows Media Player. [See Image 1]
3. Find the Rip tab and click the arrow under it.
4. Point to Rip CD Automatically When Inserted, and select Always. [See Image 2]
5. Click the arrow under the Rip tab again, and select Eject CD After Ripping.
6. Click the arrow under the Rip tab again, and select More Options.
7. In the More Options dialog box, choose your format. If you don’t know anything about formats, choose Windows Media Audio.
8. Verify Copy Protect Music is not selected.
When ripping a CD, always connect to the Internet during the rip process. Media Player will automatically locate and update the media information regarding the CD being ripped and store the information on your PC. This can include album art, album title, track number and titles, and more.