Installing Windows SharePoint Services
In order to install windows SharePoint Service, you must be using Server 2003 or Server 2008. Server based programs are more demanding than other programs because at the server level, additional process features are configured to make the application functional. Host computers access server applications, by default. This means that network bandwidth will be affected, but also the client access to the server puts additional tasks on the server. SharePoint, as the name implies, shares itself out. It is the focal point, the "sharepoint" where clients come together to perform similar tasks.
First download the program from the Microsoft Website.
Next follow the installation steps below.
- You must agree to the license terms.
2. Do you select basic or advanced installation? Basic will allow you to accept the defaults; advanced allows you additional configuration options. For beginners, select basic. 3.Note the Installation progress. 4. When complete - finish the operation. 5. Now start the configuration wizard.
6.Some services must be stopped and restarted to complete the configuration...this is a handy feature, select yes.
7. Now the configuration starts. Be patient, this may take up to 15 minutes on a machine with less than 8 gig of RAM.
8. When the configuration is complete...you are notified.
9. Run the program and launch SharePoint.
The teamsite is now ready for your modification.