To create a Gantt chart in Excel, follow the below procedures:
1. Open a new worksheet.
2. Enter the data that you need in the cells. An example could be the following: Column A: Task, Column B: Start Date, Column C: End Date and Column D: Days Remaining.
3. Select the cells of your data. For the example, this would be cells A through D.
4. Select Chart Wizard.
5. Under Chart Type, select Bar -> Stacked Bar.
6. Click Next twice.
7. Select Finish.
8. Double-click the first series of information. For the example, this would be start date.
9. Go to Patterns -> Format Data Series -> Border: None and Area: None.
10. Select OK.
11. Double-click the vertical axis.
12. Go to Scale -> Categories in Reverse order.
13. Check the provided box.
14. Double-click the horizontal axis.
15. Go to Scale.
16. Type in these dimensions: Minimum: 36739, Maximum: 37441, Major unit: 61 and Minor unit: 1.
17. Stay in Scale and select Category (X) axis crosses at maximum value.
18. Go to Alignment->Orientation. Type 45 degrees.
19. Right click the legend, and select Format Legend.
20. Go to Placement -> Bottom.
21. In the legend, select Start Date.
22. Press the Delete button.
Your chart should now look like a Gantt Chart.