Nothing Happens When You Try Printing
Sometimes nothing happens when you try to print using Internet Explorer 8, and then the print dialog box just closes. You cannot see anything in the print queue either. In some cases, while trying to view the Print Preview, you will see nothing except the page number. These Internet Explorer 8 printing problems are common on Windows Vista.
The reason for this behavior by Internet Explorer is the absence of a folder in C:\Users in Windows Vista. You may have cleared the folder unknowingly when you ran a computer cleaning software. To fix the problem, try closing all Internet Explorer 8 windows, and then open a new IE8 window to print something. If you get to print, the folder has been automatically created. If you could not print even after restarting, you will have to create the folder manually.
To create the folder manually, follow these steps:
- Close all open windows of IE8.
- Click Start, and, in the Start Search text area, type "%Temp%" without quotes.
- Click Temp from the list that appears.
Click on File in the main menu, click New, and then select Folder
In the space for folder name, type "Low" without the quotes.
Reboot, open Internet Explorer, and try to print something.
If the printer gives out the print you selected, you have successfully fixed the problem. In case this method fails to give you the print capabilities you want, follow the next method:
- From the All Programs menu, select Accessories.
- Right click on Command Prompt, and select the option Run as administrator.
- Once the command prompt window appears, type the following without quotes: ICACLS %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\Low /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low
- Press enter, and close the command prompt window.
- Restart the computer, and open Internet Explorer
- Try to print something.
If you get the print out you want, your problem is fixed. In case this method also fails, you need to consult an expert technician who can come over to your place and fix your Internet Explorer 8 printing problems.