How to Track Changes to a Document
hanges in a document include text deletions, additions, altered format, etc. Selecting the Track Changes option displays both the altered original document and the changes the reviewer made. To track changes in a Word document, open the document and perform the following steps:
· Click on the Review tab on the MS Word menu.
· Select Track Changes in the Tracking group. The background color of the icon will change to orange to indicate that the Track Changes feature is active.
· Edit the document as you normally would.
· Deleted text will appear to be colored and crossed through, but visible.
· Any changes or additions will be colored and underlined.
· A vertical line will appear in the left margin where the change was made.
· Save the document with the changes.
· Change the way the revised document is displayed by clicking the down arrow in the Final Showing Markup dropdown list in the upper right hand corner of the Tracking Group.
The screenshot below illustrates the foregoing steps.