Watch Live TV
If you have a new PC with Windows Vista Home Premium or Ultimate installed, or Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate, you have Media Center. If your PC also has a TV tuner, and you have a way to use it to access a television signal, you can also watch live TV.
To Watch Live TV in Media Center:
1. From the remote control press the Live TV button to start watching Live TV. On the Start screen, you can also scroll down to TV + Movies and then scroll right to Live TV and then press OK.
2. There are four parts to the Live TV screen. On the entire screen you’ll see the television show currently airing on the television station. In the bottom left corner of the screen is the information bar or Mini Guide. The right side of the screen is where menus are displayed when you request them. On the top right corner of the screen, volume control is displayed.
3. To see more information about the current television show, press the More button. This displays an information bar in the left corner of the screen and a menu in the right corner of the screen. On the menu there are six options:
- Program Info – displays the Program Info screen. You’ll learn more about the Program Info screen soon.
- Record – Starts recording the television show.
- Record Series – Starts recording the television show and schedules the entire television series to be recorded.
- Zoom – Alters how the picture is displayed. If the picture looks stretched or just incorrect, use Zoom to fix it.
- Mini Guide – Shows a miniature television guide on your screen. You’ll learn more about the Mini Guide soon.
- Settings – Opens Media Center Settings.
To change the television channel, press the Channel Up and Channel Down keys on your remote control. There may be a slight delay in changing television channels depending on your television signal source – changing channels takes slightly longer if your television signal comes from a set top box. You can also enter the channel number using the remote control or a keyboard.
To help you find a show to watch, you can access the Guide, shown here.