- slide 4 of 8
Connect your document to the data file that contains the names, mailing addresses and other information you want to use in the mail merge. You can select a data file using one of three options:
- Use an existing list such as an Access database or an Excel worksheet.
- Select from Outlook contacts for data in your Contacts folder.
- Type out a new list, which will be saved as a mailing database (.mdb) file.
- slide 5 of 8
Once you connect to your desired data file, the Mail Merge Recipients dialog window will open. You can filter or sort the names, addresses and other data that is listed in this window.
Choose the subset of records you want to use for your mail merge.
- To exclude a record, clear the checkbox next to it.
- Use the Select All button to include all the records.
- Use the Clear All button to exclude all the records.
- Use the Find button to include all the records.
- slide 8 of 8
Save the completed document. If it is an email, then Word will email the mail-merged document to all recipients.