Convert a Database from Access 2000 or Later
1. Open Access 2007. Click on the Microsoft Office button, which is the circular button in the upper left corner of the window.
2. Select Open from the drop-down menu that opens. Choose the database that you wish to convert.
Note: If this opens the Database Enhancement window, this means that the database uses a version earlier than MS Access 2000. In this case, skip to the section below.
3. Click on the Microsoft Office button in the open database. Select the Save As option.
4. Click on the Save the database in another format. Select the format you want to convert to. Click Yes if prompted to close open objects. Clicking No will cancel the conversion process.
5. Type a file name of your choice into the File name box. Click Save.
Access will now create a copy of the database in the Access 2007 (ACCDB) format, and the original database will be closed.