Tip #1: Disable Multiple “svchost.exe" Processes
Step #1: Determine Which Services to Disable.
1. Open your Task Manager by pressing [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Esc]. Alternatively, just right-click on your task bar and select Task Manager from the context menu.
2. Click on the Processes tab. Scroll down to locate the grouped listing of svchost.exe processes.
3. Right-click on the first svchost.exe in the list.
4. Select Go to service(s) in the dropdown menu. This will take you to the Services tab and highlight its associated service.
5. Determine whether or not it is one you can safely disable, If it is, note down its name.
6. Click on the Processes tab once more and repeat steps two, three and four above for each of the remaining instances of svchost.exe in the list.
7. Close the Task Manager.
Step #2: Disable the Processes From Auto-startup
1. Click on the Vista orb, and then select Control Panel from the Start menu.
2. Click on Administration Tools and then click on Services.
3. Double click on the service you want to disable and then click on Properties.
4. Change the Startup Type to Disable. Click OK. This will prevent the service from starting up automatically after you disable it, which would take you right back at square one.
Step #3 : Stop the Service
1. Click on the service once more to select it.
2. Click on the Stop button that is at the top of the window. This will disable the service.
3. Repeat these steps for each instance of svchost.exe