How to Disable Unnecessary Services
1. Click on the Start button in the bottom right-hand corner.
2. Type in services.msc into the Search text box. Hit Enter. This opens the Services window.
3. Review the services that are listed. In the Status column, you can see whether or not a particular service is currently running. The Startup Type column indicates how the service is launched:
Automatic: indicates that the service is launched whenever Windows starts.
Manual: indicates that the service is launched only if Windows detects that it is needed.
Disabled: indicates that the service does not start at all.
4. Decide which services you can safely disable. Most of the services listed are set either to Automatic or Manual.
- You do not need to change any services that are set to manual, because they will only be launched when it is necessary for them to run.
- If you are not sure about the effect of disabling a service, then set to set it to Manual. This way, in the event that it is needed, Windows will be able to launch it.
5. Right click on each service that you want to disable. Select Properties from the drop-down menu that opens.
6. Change the Startup type to Disabled in the properties box. Press the OK button.
Now, when you reboot your computer, the service will no longer be launched.