· Log on to the computer as Administrator or a user with administrative rights.
· Click Start, (You may have to click Settings, depending on your view) and then click Control Panel.
· Click System.
· Click the Advanced tab, and under Performance, click Settings.
· Click the Advanced tab, and under Virtual memory, click Change. (Note the size of the paging file)
· In the Drive List, click the drive you installed. (This is the drive without the operating system on it).
· Click Custom size, and then type the recommended value in the Initial size (You can use system managed)
Type the maximum size that you want to allow for paging in the Maximum size box.
· Click Set.
· In the Drive box, click the drive with your operating system (normally your C: drive)
· Click No paging file, and then click Set. You will see a warning, and select continue anyway.
· Click Yes.
The changes you have made require you to restart your computer before they can take effect.
· Click OK three times.
· Then click Yes to restart the computer.