- slide 1 of 3
If you, as the user of a Windows operating system, have ever felt left out of the party by Mac users because they have MacJournal as a helpful little tidbit to make blogging life a little bit easier, you can throw on your party hat because the fine folks at Mariner Software have made a version for you. It is called WinJournal and it can do everything the MacJournal can do.
Which blogging platforms is this piece of software compatible with?
The list of pieces of software that is compatible with are all follows:
- Movable Type
- Windows Live
What kind of features does this piece of software have that I might enjoy?
- Ease of publication. You can get from writing your text to publishing on your site simply. It is literally a two click affair. This simplicity is a coveted feature in many blogging applications.
- You can use it to publish your podcast and distribute it via an RSS feed without having to have a separate manager for your podcast. This will save you installation space on your hard drive as well as time.
- One key combination, similar to what you might find in Microsoft Office, allows you to go to full screen mode, which is great if you, like me, tend to get distracted by IMs and email.
- Search for any keyword to find the blog topics that are related to it, even across multiple blogs. In addition you can get relevant statistics like average number of words per posting.
- If you use WinAmp to listen to music, you can add the track information for the song you're listening to into your blog post. This is great, not only if you are a music blogger, to help give readers an idea of your mood.
- Create internal Wiki style links between your entries. This helps to keep people on your site, and lower your bounce rate.
- slide 2 of 3
Versions of Windows the software is compatible with
Windows Vista, XP Pro, XP Home, 2003, 2000 Server, 2000.
- slide 3 of 3
Other features you might find interesting
• Support for LiveJournal, Blogger, Movable Type, WordPress.
• 2-D rendering for a blog that is full of lively photos to hold your readers attention.
• Password protection and AES-256 encryption to keep hackers out.
• Support for multiple file formats so that you can export your data to Microsoft Word, RTF, and HTML formats.
• Print any entry to a printer or PDF file.
• Spellcheck while composing entries. This is great if you, like me, have a minor spelling block and a spellcheck dependence.
• Tech support to help solve questions or issues. You may never use it, but if you have to, you will be glad that it is there.
WinJournal - Make Your Blog the Best It Can Be
A series review of blogging software for your Windows desktop, it will cover a brief introduction and reviews of the following titles: Win JournalBlog JetZondry RavenW. bloggerRocket Post 2