- slide 1 of 1
It is time again to talk about blogging software for the Windows operating system and how it can make your blogging life easier. Getting your hands on blogging software can help to improve your postings and your management of multiple blogs, if you happen to have more than one. So it is time to sit back, relax, and find out if BlogJet is the software that will meet your needs.
Which blogging platforms is a software compatible with?
The software is compatible with a variety of different blogging platforms. It is, by far, not the most extensive list of platforms that you will find in this series, but it does cover all the major players.
The platforms covered are as follows.
- Movable Type
- MSN Live Spaces
- Community Server
If your blogging software is not on this list, then I suggest that you move on to a different review in this series. I am sure that we can find you another piece of software that will work for your platform.
What kind of features is the software have?
Some of the interesting features that you will find in the software include:
- A WYSIWYG editor. In case you do not know, WYSIWYG stands for what you see is what you get, and it allows you to create blog postings without using HTML.
- Support for YouTube and Flickr accounts, in order to give your blog the rich media that you know your readers want.
- Image upload and management, along with the ability to make thumbnails and escape using your FTP program.
- Music sharing with your readers. You can show your readers what your favorite songs are and even provide them with links from iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- Word count for individual posts and statistics for your blog. If you ever want to know how many posts you average a week or month without having to count manually, then this is the software for you. It is particularly great if you have multiple posters on your blog.
- It gives you the ability to integrate web browsers and RSS feeds. This is great if a lot of your readers access your material by RSS.
- Automatic discovery of your blog after installation. Once you install BlogJet on a computer, it will automatically find your blogs so that you do not have to manually input the information.
How much will the software costs me?
Once again, I am very happy to announce to you that the software comes with no cost. You can download it for free and get rolling right away. If you use Firefox Version 3, however, you’ll also want to take the time to download the proper extension, as it only comes with the extension for Version 2 by default.
If this software for you, then enjoy your download.
A Look at BlogJet, Posting at the Speed of Sound
A series review of blogging software for your Windows desktop, it will cover a brief introduction and reviews of the following titles: Win JournalBlog JetZondry RavenW. bloggerRocket Post 2