Create an Outlook Rule to Forward Emails by Domain - Steps Involved
1. Open the Rules and Alerts window. If you are using Outlook 2003, select Rules and Alerts from Tools menu. In Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010, click on Rules and select Manage Rules and Alerts.
2. When you click on Manage Rules and Alerts, the Rules and Alerts window opens up. In the Rules and Alerts window, click on New Rule to open the New Rule Wizard.
3. We'll have to create a rule where each message is checked for its originating address. In the New Rule Wizard, select Apply Rule on Messages I Receive under Start from Blank Rule. Click Next.
4. Outlook New Rule wizard will show you a screen where you can select condition. You have to select the domains in this screen. Select With Specific Words in the Senders Address. In the lower box click on the link that says Specific Words.
5. When you click on the link saying Specific Words, you will get a dialog box that allows you to type and add the domain name(s). Type in the name of the domain originating from which, you want the e-mail to be forwarded. You can type and click Add to add more than one domain names so that the e-mail(s) are forwarded. Click on OK after adding the domain names. For example, if you wish e-mails from Hotmail.com to be forwarded, type in Hotmail and click on Add. Click on OK to close and return to New Rule wizard.
6. In the New Rule wizard, click on Next.
7. The Microsoft Outlook New Rule Wizard will present you with another screen where you will be able to select the e-mail address or a distribution list to which, you wish to forward the message originating from the domain(s) you mentioned in step 5. Click on Forward it to People or Public Group. In the lower box, you can see the link People or Public Group.
8. Click on the link that says People or Public Group. You will be presented with yet another dialog box that shows all contacts from your Outlook address book. Select the e-mail ID where you wish to forward the message and click on To button towards the bottom of the dialog box. You can repeat the process to add more than one recipient. Once done with adding recipients, click on OK.
9. In the New Rule wizard, click on Finish.
10. You will be taken back to the Rules and Alerts window. You can see the new rule at the top of other rules. Click on OK to close the Rules and Alerts window.
The above explains how to create an Outlook rule to forward e-mails by domain. If you have any doubt, please feel free to use the comment boxes.