It is not hard to send your e-mail distribution list to someone in Microsoft Outlook. All you need to do is compose an e-mail and select the e-mail distribution list that you intend to send. Microsoft Outlook automatically adds the e-mail distribution list as an attachment to that e-mail so that you can send it to anyone you want. The following explains how to send e-mail distribution list to someone in Microsoft Outlook.
1) Click on New E-mail in Office 2010 and Office 2007 to open the compose e-mail window. For Microsoft Outlook 2003, click on File -> New -> E-mail.
2) In the Compose E-mail window, compose the message or leave it blank - as you wish. Type a subject for the message. Type the recipient's address or select it from the drop down list in the To field.
3) To add the e-mail distribution list to someone in Microsoft Outlook, click on Attach Item. In the drop-down list, select Outlook Item.
4) In the window that appears, select Contacts. Click on Contacts only once so that the contents of the folder appear in the bottom. If you double-click on Contacts, only the first item from the Contacts folder will be added to the e-mail as an attachment. Once you click on Contacts, the lower part of the window will display all your contacts stored in Microsoft Outlook.
5) Scroll down to the e-mail distribution list that you want to send to someone. To select more than one e-mail distribution list, press and hold down the CTRL key and select other e-mail distribution lists. Note that e-mail distribution lists in this view will be presented in bold characters with an icon as shown in the image below.
6) After selecting the e-mail distribution list(s) you wish, click on the OK button. This will close the Attach Item window and will also show the e-mail distribution list(s) in the attachments section of the Compose E-mail window.
7) Click on Send.
This explains how to send your e-mail distribution list to someone in Microsoft Outlook. Note that the recipient will be able to merge the e-mail distribution list to his or her Microsoft Outlook contacts. When the recipient double clicks on the attachment, it will open up in the Outlook format. The person will be able to click on Save and Close to merge the e-mail distribution list into his or her Outlook contacts folder.