Uninstall From Control Panel
Uninstalling Windows Live Essentials is very easy that anyone can do. The following methods will help you remove Windows Live Essentials from your computer. If you only want to uninstall Windows Live Messenger from the computer, then read this article, which will help you do that.
Windows XP users follow these steps to uninstall Windows Live Essentials.
1. Press Windows Key + R together to open the Run window.
2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit the Enter key. This will bring up the Add/Remove window - the same one that you usually access by going into the Control Panel.
3. A list of installed programs on your computer will appear. Look for and select Windows Live Essentials.
4. After selecting Windows Live Essentials, click on Change/Remove.
5. In the new window that appears, select the Uninstall option and click Continue.
6. Now you will see the list of Windows Live Essential programs installed on your computer. Select all, or only those that you do not need, then click Continue.
7. Finally, follow the simple onscreen instructions and then restart the computer.
Windows / Windows 7
Vista and Windows 7 users follow these steps to uninstall Windows Live Essentials.
1. Open the Control Panel and then double-click on Programs and Features.
2. A list of installed programs on your computer will appear. Select Windows Live Essentials then click on Uninstall/Change.
3. In the new screen that appears, select the Uninstall option, and then click Continue.
4. Now tick the Windows Live Essential programs that don’t need and then click Continue.
5. The uninstallation process begins. Wait for a few seconds for it to complete then restart the computer.