Remove Windows Live Messenger from Windows XP
You can remove Windows Live Messenger from Windows XP with at least the following two methods:
1. In the taskbar notification area, right-click on Messenger's icon, and click Exit.
2. Open Windows Start menu and click on Control Panel.
3. In the Control Panel Window, double-click on Add/Remove Programs.
4. You will see a huge list of programs. Find Windows Live Essentials, and click Remove.
5. In the new window that opens, click the Uninstall radio button, and then click Continue.
6. Select Messenger and then click Continue to uninstall the software from your computer.
This method will disable Windows Live Messenger from opening in Windows. Instead of uninstall, you could also disable the program. This way you will prevent the installed Windows Live Messenger from opening each time when you will start Windows.
1. Click Windows Key + R to open Windows RUN window.
2. Type services.msc, and hit Enter.
3. In the Services window that appears, find Windows Live Messenger and double-click on it.
4. Select Disabled from the startup type options, and then click Stop.