How Hitman Pro Protects
Hitman Pro protects a computer system using a number of ways. At the very basic level, it can remove rootkits, viruses, and other various spyware. After installation it will prompt the user to run a system scan to search for malware.
The system scan that was completed is able to search executables and registry files in a short time to detect malicious code. It will also return a computer back to its previous state, and create an entry in System Restore before removing any files.
Unlike some other software in this category, Hitman Pro 3.5 did not slow down the system. This might be due to the fact that it does not run continuously in the background, but rather a quick scan completed whenever, preferably at boot-up.
Hitman Pro has some of the following benefits:
- It can recognize the difference between legitimate software that lacks a signature and malware. Some legitimate software without signatures can be reported as spyware by other programs without this feature.
- The software has multi-language support. For example, it has language support for speakers of Dutch or German.
- Has a very quick scanning system that allows a system to be scanned in quite a short time.
- It can create a restore point before removing Trojans and viruses.
- The software can also restore any changes made by infected files and registries entries
- Spyware is automatically removed on boot-up
SurfRight has stated that Hitman Pro is the first software of its type that offers the scan cloud technology. A scan cloud is ingenious, because it does not require the user to constantly update from a database of virus definitions. Instead the computer is scanned using information from other anti-malware vendors. This is one of the reasons this Malware scan can be completed not only quickly but efficiently.