Features of Spyware Scan
The main feature of Spyware Terminator is of course the Spyware Scan. It has a list of functions at the side that rival those of any paid antimalware application.
1. Scan function – The base of Spyware Terminator is the scan mode. Initially there are three options available to the user, depending on the kind of scan they want. It is possible for the user to create a custom scan as well. In the pane that displays the options on the right side, there is a cross next to the Virus Scan, because Clam Antivirus has not been installed. It can be integrated at a later stage.
2. Scan Reports - Each scan that is conducted stores its results and recommended actions in the form of a scan report. All the reports are filed away under the Scan Reports tab for later perusal.
3. Ignore List – A user created list of files and applications that may show up as infected, but the user knows to be benign. A good tool since the scan marked a number of innocuous files as Trojans.
4. Quarantine – An area where files with suspected infection can be run to test out the possible consequences.
5. Utilities – In case the user decides to purge their system and later regrets it, the utilities function contains a Restore computer feature. This feature resets the computer back to a point before the purge was carried out. A new checkpoint is created every time a scan takes place.