• Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer detects many more updates, across a wider spectrum of Windows products than Windows Update.
• The report at the end of the scan gives a detailed assessment of all the aspects of the system, including a list of recommended actions, the level of current security and the lapses that could potentially be exploited. In addition to this information, the report also contains step-by-step instructions on how to rectify security lapses, or at least links to the relevant reference material.
• MBSA can scan multiple computers, as well computers that are at a remote location, making the tool easy
to use for network administrators.
• Examines systems for best practices like strong passwords, password expiry, among other factors.
• It also has the ability to scan servers that run IIS and SQL Server for discrepancies and incorrect settings
• MBSA also scans commonly used products like Internet Explorer and Outlook for adequate security settings.