RoboForm comes with a bewildering array of functions, all designed to make short work of forms and logins.
1. Managing passwords – RoboForm creates one passcard for every login and password combination. The user only needs to visit the site where they need to login, and type in the login information in the textboxes. RoboForm automatically generates a small dialog box, indicating that a passcard can be created on the spot. The user then has the option to modify the name of the passcard, for easy identification, or reject the passcard entirely.
2. Safenotes – The Safenotes feature allows the user to create a set of notes with sensitive information that is not necessarily restricted to online logins and forms. This sort of information covers a wide gamut of possibilities, right from ATM pin codes to software activation codes. Safenotes is also protected by the single Master Password, to minimise the number of security checks the user needs to keep in mind.
3. Form-filling – Most online forms have similar fields, therefore filling in forms becomes a repetitive and boring task. RoboForm allows a user to create identities through which the process of form-filling becomes entirely automated. The system is very intuitive, as the user can fill up forms partly through RoboForm and partly through manual entry. A user can create multiple identities, depending on the information they wish to disseminate to the website in question.
4. Contacts – RoboForm can also double up as an address book, with a complex tree structure for optimum indexing.
5.Password encryption – Passwords can be encrypted to keep them from prying eyes, adding an extra layer of security to the Master Password.
6. Generation of complex passwords – Human beings invariably choose passwords that they can remember by association. While this is a good idea to remember passwords, it becomes a weaker defence when under attack. Generating random passwords makes guessing the passwords exceedingly difficult, decreasing the chances of cracking it significantly.
7. Outsmart malware – Keylogger software applications are defeated entirely, as the keyboard is not used to enter passwords at all. Keyloggers keep a track of all the keystrokes, and tend to very effective means for discovering passwords. Phishing sites are also defeated as the login information is only passed on to websites that match the stringent security protocols of RoboForm, and are the exact websites that they claim to be.