Back Up Favorites
To locate and back up, Internet Explorer Favorites, follow these steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer, and from the File menu select Import and Export. Click Next to start the Import/Export Wizard. (If you don’t see the File menu, hold down the Alt key on the keyboard.)
2. From the Import/Export Selection page, select Export Favorites. Click Next. (You’d select Import Favorites if you needed to restore the file.)
3. In the Export Favorites Source Folder page, select the Favorites folder. Click Next.
4. In the Export Favorites Destination page, click Browse. Select a folder to save the data to. You may want to create a new folder.
5. In the Select Bookmark File window, name the file Favorites, and type the month and year. Click Save.
6. Click Next and Finish to complete.