- slide 1 of 3
Programs to Prevent Viruses, Adware, and Adult Pages
For some home users, the all-in-one solution is not only inexpensive but easy to maintain and use. A software that provides a Windows cleaner, anti-virus and content filtering helps in keeping the computer secure and private from spyware, malware, virus, and block sites with porn and violent contents.
Below is a handy list of programs that provide an all-in-one solution for Windows and Mac computers. Check the reviews on the product to find out more about the features, performance, and ease of use.
- slide 2 of 3
BitDefender, Intego, Kaspersky and McAfee
- BitDefender Total Security – This is the only product from BitDefender that includes a system cleaner and blocks pornography with virus protection. The tune-up and performance optimizer component in BitDefender Total Security eliminates unneeded files in Windows while its parental control feature in the software will block visiting adult sites. This award-winning antivirus program from BitDefender should put you at ease that you will be protected from known and zero-day malware attacks. The program only costs $60 for 3 computers with 12 months of subscription.
- Internet Security Barrier X6 – Intego offers virus protection, secure deletion of files, and includes a parental control program for Mac and Windows operating systems. The standard license costs $80 per year to protect 2 Mac computers. Users can get Intego’s Washing Machine software for free when you buy the Internet Security Barrier.
- Kaspersky Labs software – Kaspersky offers PURE and Kaspersky Internet Security that includes virus protection, content filtering using a parental control program, and PC tune-up. Kaspersky products have received certifications and awards from AV-test.org, Virus Bulletin, and AV-Comparatives. The Internet Security software costs $60/PC while Kaspersky PURE only costs $100 for 3 PCs.
- McAfee software – McAfee Internet Security and McAfee Total Protection are two solutions for home users to consider. Both editions provide virus protection, the QuickClean tool, and parental control software. The QuickClean in McAfee removes junk that impacts the performance of a PC. However, PC users who want software certified by virus testing laboratories might not want to consider McAfee software because it failed to pass certification by AV-test.org and Virus Bulletin. McAfee Internet Security and Total Protection normally costs $80 and $90, respectively. They often offers discounts so check their website regularly, if you want to use McAfee programs.
- slide 3 of 3
Norton, Panda, Trend Micro and ZoneAlarm
- Norton 360 – The only security application from Symantec that offers virus protection, system cleaner and parental control program. This software costs $80 for 3 computers with 1 year of free updates, and its antivirus program has received AV-Comparatives and AV-test certifications or awards.
- Panda Global Protection – Panda Security offers file shredding, virus protection and a parental control program in its award-winning Global Protection software, at $70 for 1 computer.
- Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security – Like the above software, Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security solution provides content filtering, PC clean-up and an antivirus program. It received an award from AV-test.org, but for Windows XP systems only. AV-Comparatives’ awarded the antivirus software of Trend Micro with an Advanced rating. It costs $70 to protect 3 computers in one year.
- ZoneAlarm Extreme Security – Normal price of this software from Zone Labs is $80 with full protection against viruses. It also provides a system cleaner and blocks pornography using its PC Tune-up and parental control software.
Image credit: Screenshot taken by the author.