After being frustrated with OpenOffice, I found NeoOffice and honestly expected it to be just like OpenOffice since it has almost exactly the same features. I was pleasantly surprised as NeoOffice was much faster, which was the first thing I noticed. It seemed like it was a Mac application rather than one that was adapted for the Mac, like Microsoft Office. I used it for several days and found it to work very well and I never had any problems with crashes or delays in opening. All the things I loved about OpenOffice on Windows, I found in NeoOffice for Mac.
So let’s look at the pros and cons of NeoOffice.
• Fast – when you need it to open a document, it does so very quickly with no “warming" time
• Free – who doesn’t like this feature?
• Developed and Maintained for Mac – I liked this because I know everything will work as it should
• Just like OpenOffice but a better option for the Mac - so it opens and saves MS Office files and is completely compatible
• Did I mention it was fast? – Can you tell this is my favorite feature?
• If you’re used to iWork or MS Office, NeoOffice will take some getting use to, but the learning curve is a snap, especially if you are familiar with other office suites
There are not many things I dislike about NeOffice, I think it is a super program and one I intend to use regularly.