Emailing a PDF Through Mail
Emailing a PDF document, or any document or file, is very easy to do. For the purposes of this article I will be discussing Apple's Mail program. The same methods discussed should work with any email program, but might vary slightly from what I discuss here.
To email a PDF file from Mail do the following:
1. Open Mail and create a new email by clicking "New Message."
2. An email will open like any other time. Address the email and add a subject.
3. If you want to include text (Ie. a message) with the PDF file type that in the message area.
4. Now it is time to attach the file. Click the "Attach" icon that looks like a paperclip. (This icon and name is what will probably differ the most from email program to email program.)
5. After clicking that button a window will open resembling a window you would open or save a file with. However, instead of opening and saving a file you are attaching it. Find the file on your computer an click it once and click the "Choose file" button, or just double click the file.
To insert more than one file hold the command key while clicking the multiple files. This will highlight those files as you click them.
6. The files icon will now appear in your email and you can click send. There is a good chance you will see a preview of the document instead of the icon. Either way is confirmation that the file has been attached successfully.
7. Send the email.