Even more features of MobileMe
There are even more features of MobileMe than what I have written about. Here are a few more:
1. You can use MobileMe to locate your iPod Touch or iPhone with "Find My iPhone." If your iPod or iPhone is on and in a wireless or 3G(iPhone) area MobileMe can show you where it is on a map. You can even send a message to it, have it beep to be located, or even erase content and your personal data, if you think you won't find it.
2. Apple has recently released an iPod/iPhone app for MobileMe that allows you to have easy access to those photos and movies you upload from within iMovie and iPhoto.
3. Want MobileMe for your entire family? You can buy a MobileMe family pack membership and save some money. A family membership is $149/year.
4. If you are interested in gaining access to your Mac from the road MobileMe gives you access to "Back To My Mac." I have never tried this feature, but it is suppose to allow you to gain access to your Mac from another computer. It gets a lot of heat for not working properly. As I said, I have not used it so I cannot comment on how good or bad it is.
5. You can even renew your membership automatically from year to year. Store your credit card in your account and pick auto renew. I don't do this. It is cheaper to purchase MobileMe off of Amazon or eBay. You have the potential of saving $30-$50 that way- even with family packs.
Overall, MobileMe is full of great features. You will find people who say it is not worth the money and you can get many of the features for free with other services. I like MobileMe and I like how easy it is to use. I was a MobileMe member when it was .Mac and I just renewed my membership. If you are interested sign up for the free 60 day trial at the MobileMe site. If you decide to activate MobileMe check this article out on how to activate your service.