Create and Enable a Visitor Account
If you’re planning on having company soon and your visitors will require the use of your computer, create a visitor account for them to use. They don’t have to use yours. It’s pretty easy to create a standard account named Visitor and place any restrictions and limitations you want on it. This will help protect your Mac from unintentional harm and from others viewing your personal files.
To create a Visitor account, follow these steps:
1. Open System Preferences>Accounts.
2. Click the + sign to add a new account.
3. Name the account Visitor and the short name visitor and create a password that they can use to log on.
4. Select the Limitations tab and click Some Limits.
5. Deselect any item you do not want your visitors to have access to. Make sure to uncheck Change Password.
6. Check This User Can Only Use These Applications (if desired), and configure what applications the user can access.
7. Click Simple Finder.
8. The Simple Finder has a simplified Dock and allows the user to directly use only those applications showing in the My Applications folder in the Dock. Again, choose what to allow and disallow.
9. Close the window.