Maximizing Battery Life on the Go for Movies and Productivity
The key to getting the most enjoyment out of watching movies on your netbook or any other laptop/notebook is to extend the battery life. Here are some tips to minimize your power consumption while watching a movie.
· Upgrade the netbook’s bios (check the manufacturer’s support site for the latest downloads for your specific device).
· Update your drivers (especially the video card, again, check the manufacturer or Intel’s website).
· Obviously, get a full charge on the computer
· Turn the brightness down to the lowest acceptable level
· Turn off wireless internet (wifi) because you will be presumably watching full screen and not multitasking with a movie.
· Disconnect and turn off any unnecessary devices and applications connected to the computer – the less that is running on and off your computer, the better.
· Use sound insulating headphones/earbuds so you can play the movie at a lower volume
· Turn on the computer’s power saving mode
· Whenever possible, plug your computer in to top off the battery or power it via AC (the wall).