- slide 1 of 3
Why Are Netbook Holders Necessary?
The primary purpose of netbook holders is to keep your computer safe from damaging elements. This includes dirt, grime, random food spills, and accidental dropping. A netbook may be fairly inexpensive when compared to a laptop, but it's still an investment. And, if you have valuable work files or family pictures stored on your netbook, you want to keep these materials as safe as humanly possible.
- slide 2 of 3
Buying Netbook Cases
Some of the many types of netbook holders available include:
- Pouches or sleeves: This is a basic bag with no straps. Think of it is as similar to a woman's clutch purse. It provides a minimum of protection and is the best choice if you plan to store your netbook inside another bag.
- Hard shell case: While many netbook holders are made from soft material, there are some hard shell cases available for those who prefer this style.
- Backpack: Backpacks designed to tote netbooks as well as paper, pens, and other essentials are a great choice for students.
- Messenger bag: A messenger bag is similar to a backpack, but with a more contemporary look.
- Briefcase-style holder: Often made from leather, the briefcase-style netbook holder is often the preferred choice of busy professionals.
Netbook holders are available for purchase wherever netbooks and netbook accessories are sold. If you're looking for online shopping resources, however, check out the following Web sites:
- slide 3 of 3
Factors to Consider When Buying Netbook Holders
With so many netbook holders available, how do you choose the one that's right for you? Consider the following:
- Size: It seems obvious, but it is important to make sure your netbook will fit in the case you select. Some cases will hold netbooks up to a specified size, usually 10 inches, but others are intended to be formfitting and only work with one size netbook.
- Amount of protection offered: For those who are extremely hard on their electronic gadgets, or simply the parents of inquisitive toddlers, netbook holders with a hard shell are preferable to the softer cases. For maximum protection, a case made from either water resistant or waterproof material is a good idea as well.
- Added storage capabilities: If you just need something to keep your netbook safe when it's inside your backpack, a sleeve made from some sort of formfitting neoprene material is probably sufficient. If you want a mobile office, however, you're better off looking for netbook cases that have pockets for pens, paper, file folders, CDs, USB cables, and other on-the-go essentials.
- Style: If you're looking at your netbook as a fashion accessory, there are netbook holders available in colors ranging from pale pink to neon green. Cases with geometric or floral patterns also seem to be quite popular. However, if you want something simple, you can't go wrong with a sophisticated black leather case.