#2: "I Do Have the Right Drivers You Jerk, Why Isn't It Working?"
If you did the above process just now, or sometime in the past, yet your keyboard is still not working, there is a pretty simple reason for it -- sometimes, if you have two drivers installed that both control the same type of device, one will take predominance over another and subsequently stop the proper one from working. To figure out if this is the problem, all you have to do is ask yourself whether you've ever used another wireless keyboard on this computer in the past. If so, there's a pretty high chance that you just found your culprit. Here's what to do (it's complicated, so take a deep breath):
1. Open up the command prompt window by going into the Start Menu>Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt. Make sure you're running it as the administrator by right clicking and choosing that option.
2. Within this very confusing looking box (alternatively, the box that looks like it's from the 1980s), type the following command prompt OR copy/paste it into the dialogue box: SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1
2a. What this does is it forces all of the hidden drivers (such as ones that are not being used and could be messing with your keyboard) to show up within the device manager, and subsequently allows you to remove them.
3. Close the command prompt and open up the Device Manager, located in Start>Control Panel>Device Manager.
4. When looking at the list of devices, you should see categories such as "Mouse", "Keyboard", etc, and if you expand the "Keyboards" section (by clicking the little ~ezentity_quot+ezentity_quot~ sign to the left of it) you'll see a list of drivers. If you see two drivers appear underneath the header, you've found your problem.
5. To uninstall the unwanted driver, right-click on it and select "Uninstall". After a few moments, you should be good to go!
6. Restart your computer.
7. Attempt to use your keyboard again by connecting it as you would if it were brand new. If you still have no luck, sometimes reinstalling the initial driver can be a big help.